A List Of Funny Compare And Contrast Essay Topics For College
When it comes to writing a compare and contrast essay there are many topics that you can choose from; however, if you need to make the content that you write humorous then this can somewhat limit the options that you may have. Nevertheless, there are still plenty of topics and ideas that you can base your work on.
Making your essay funny
There are numerous ways in which you can make your paper funny. For example, you can think of a funny title or, alternatively, you can think of two aspects to consider that are so ridiculous that the humour is inevitable.
You don’t necessarily need to tell jokes as part of your essay; however, part of your aim when writing the work should be to, at the very least, make the reader smile.
Thinking of what to write about
A good way of choosing a topic to write about is to think of things that make you laugh. Equally, when thinking of a topic, try and avoid things that may have a sombre tone to them. Essentially, you want your paper to be fairly light-hearted.
It can be a good idea to look through any past papers that may have been published online by people, including on websites that specialise in providing academic work for students free of charge.
Another great way of choosing a topic to write about is looking on satirical websites that may provide daily news articles that are written in a comical way.
Some further ideas
The following provides a list of different ideas that you may wish to consider. Some of the ideas focus on relatively ridiculous topics that will hopefully be easy to write humorously about; whilst others potentially focus on topics related to comedy, such as sitcoms, comedic styles, and differences in the sense of humour of individuals from different countries.
- Compare and contrast movies aimed at men with those aimed at women
- Frankenstein’s monster vs Dracula
- Compare and contrast a cheesy pop song of your choosing with a classical masterpiece
- Compare and contrast a penny farthing with a Harley Davidson
- Compare and contrast emails with pigeon post
- Compare and contrast your two favourite sitcoms
- Compare and contrast British humour and American humour
- Compare and contrast irony and sarcasm
- Compare and contrast clowns and magicians
- Compare and contrast 17th century French aristocracy with modern day teenagers